Book Title- 12 Commandments of Being a Woman
Author- Tahira Kashyap Khurrana
“The most alluring thing a woman can have is confidence” – Beyoncé
When you are an avid reader and post reviews regularly, you start analysing every book very critically and carefully dissect it on various basis. Sometimes all we need to do is understand the book, it’s story and characters on a personal level and that’s what I did with this book.
In this book, Tahira is talking about various commandments of being a woman. The writing style is unfiltered, raw and unapologetic which keep me hooked and I finished reading this book in 3-4 hours. The book will make you laugh, relate at different levels, sad too, there are some cute aww…moments too and what not. You might even see yourself at some points in the book. The book is funny at the start and gets a bit serious by the end and I wasn’t disappointed with that fact as it was the need of the book.
I’m sharing some of my favourite lines/ scenes from the book:
- Itna direct? No period-ic shit, seedha periods!
- What is gedi route? It was a unique Chandigarh phenomenon in which girls and boys chased each other mindlessly from sector 10 to sector 11 in their cars and scooters.
- As a middle-class Indian girl it’s my duty to explain myself to every second person, just as it is a random person’s right to question every girl.
- The reason we are born is not to suffer but to strive to be happy.
- The universe is like your own personal bank account, the amount we withdraw depends on your faith and faith means fighting life’s negative tendencies.
I want everyone to read it from their heart rather than the critical eyes🤭❤️
MY RATING- 3.5/5